It’s the start of a new year, so it’s time to look at ways to improve the old wardrobe.
But how does one do that with limited funds?
Have a CLOTHING SWAP PARTY!
That’s right! Invite your friends over with the prerequisite that they MUST bring over a large bag of clothes, purses, accessories, shoes and boots.
You can even make it a FUNDRAISER by charging $2 per item with funds going to your favourite charity.
These parties go by many names like Sip and Swap, Swap, Don’t Shop, Swap-A-Rama, Swap ‘Til You Drop, Swap Instead of Shop.
It’s endless and super fun! Whatever is left over, donate. Win, win for all…you, your friends, your charity and the planet.
Ways to CONTROL THE CLOSET CLUTTER:
1. Look at each piece of clothing and ask yourself: “Would I buy this today?” If the answer is NO, then away it goes.
2. Again, look at each piece and whatever hasn’t been worn throughout the year, ditch it. Face it, you’re never going to wear it.
3. Don’t keep clothing you’re HOPING to fit into. Or make it a goal then… if you don’t reach the goal, it goes! That’s a good incentive.
4. Don’t keep items that need repair and then ignore them in your closet. Either fix it or ditch it.
5. Hang up your clothes instead of folding them. You’re more likely to wear them then.
Need Closet Organization?
Try this great post – 16 Ways to Organize Your Closet
Have your tried CONSIGNMENT SHOPPING?
Love to Shop but hate paying RETAIL prices?
What about CONSIGNMENT shopping? It’s the BEST! You can find great quality items at a quarter of the price. I personally enjoy the search. Here’s my post from last year about consignment shopping. Just google consignment shops in your area and have fun!